COVID-19 and BORDER CROSSING UPDATES
For those of you who know me from Miami Business Centre, sorry but I have permanently taken rooms in Kingscliff. I was not granted an exemption when the QLD border closed and I had to sign a lease here. On the positive side Kingscliff is lovely and no-one has complained about the drive.
The new address is 4/92 Marine Pde Kingscliff.
The office is right opposite the beach. Imagine how nice it will be to see me then take a relaxing stroll through the shops and cafes or a walk, sit, or swim on the beach (Summer is here). Of course you can all come over the border. I’ve been checking Google Maps regularly and it looks like there’s no line at the border – so a quick trip home.
CROSSING THE BORDER:
Apply for a Border Declaration Pass here. Please do this well in advance. It is saying it can take up to 3 days – most people are getting theirs in 30 minutes to an hour. Then print off your pass and put it in your window.
Thank you to all the people who have agreed to come see me in Kingscliff. I thank you for your support. I hope it’s an even better experience for you here.
Don’t forget I am still doing sessions by zoom or phone or Skype. A lot of people prefer them so if you’ve never tried it might be worth a shot if you don’t want to come to Kingscliff.
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
No matter what you’re going through, you don’t have to deal with this alone.
Imagine being heard and understood. Imagine feeling accepted no matter what you share. Imagine feeling differently about yourself, seeing yourself in a new and more positive way. Imagine feeling confident, happy and secure. Imagine knowing you can deal with whatever comes your way.
So how do we get there?
The Heal. Grow. Transform. process.
Heal the wounds from the past.
Grow your skills for living.
Transform your life.
Move fluidly between each step with Coaching Psychology: the best of both worlds Read more……
Use EMDR to speed up the process: Clear out negative beliefs about yourself and the world for good. Read more…..
Heal. Grow. Transform.
Heal – there’s no denying our past has power over us.
What happened in our past can influence anything from:
- Our level of confidence – feeling like we’re not good enough, that we have to be perfect to be ok etc
- The type of partner we choose and the patterns we keep repeating in relationships
- Our level of anxiety or how readily we become depressed
- Our outlook on life and how readily we can adapt to things
- Our relationship with ourselves – anything from our body image and relationship to food to how forgiving and self-nurturing we can be
- Our relationship with the world – whether we feel safe, whether we can be vulnerable, whether we can trust
It’s important to understand where these things started. We need to see that we did the best we could in managing them. We also need to see that we have the choice to do things differently. In the Heal stage, EMDR (a specialist therapy that can help us change negative beliefs more quickly than talk therapy) can be incredibly helpful.
Grow – there are so many skills we can learn to make our lives better.
- Managing our emotions – emotional intelligence; techniques to overcome anxiety or depression;
- Managing our mind – positive psychology skills to keep us happier and more positive; skills to help us focus
- Managing our relationships – breaking negative cycles; changing our reactions (or over-reactions); getting our needs met.
- Managing our communication – conflict management; negotiation skills, assertiveness
- Managing pesky little things like procrastination, time management and self-sabotage
Whether it’s because you missed out on learning the skills you need (you’ll discover if this happened in Heal) or because you want to improve any aspect of your life, everyone can benefit from learning new skills.
Transform – you’ve healed the past (if you needed to); you’ve either learnt or already have the skills to live your best life. Now it’s time to transform – to build the future you always wanted.
Transform is a coaching space. This is where we look forward and where we deal with transitions (job, identity etc). We decide what steps to take to get you where you want to be. And we use all the success/motivational/positive tools we can to make sure you get there.
We can even use EMDR to build positive templates for your future or to build inner resources such as courage, an inner cheer squad, or a whole-hearted, passionate you.
So if you’re looking for a counselling psychologist for Gold Coast, a psychologist for Kingscliff, a psychologist for Tweed, a psychologist for Tweed Coast or really a counselling psychologist and therapist for anywhere on the Gold Coast, you’ve come to the right place.
If you want to know more about my fees etc click here
If you want to know more about the Heal. Grow. Transform process click here
If you want to know more about me click here