I’m 49 years old and have become step-mother to 4 beautiful children. I live in Byron Bay with my partner, 1 step-daughter (the others have left home), 1 very naughty cat and an even naughtier chocolate labrador puppy. I (try to) use everything I help you with myself – Positive Psychology techniques for making and keeping you happy, meditation and yoga, Neuropsychology stuff to rewire your brain for happiness and success, and skills to achieve and maintain success. I also spend a lot of time making my relationship the best it can be. Guess what – it works!
I’m lucky enough that being a psychologist lets me combine all my passions – my keen interest in people, my love of understanding relationships and how to make them amazing, and my geeky love of neuroscience. It also means I get to keep learning, keeping myself up-to-date on the latest research so I know exactly what works for you.
Everything I use has research to back it up so you can relax, knowing that you’re getting the best evidence-based practice, whether you’re coming for counseling, coaching, or relationship counseling.
“Go confidently in the directions of your dream. Live the life you have imagined.”
Henry David Thoreau
My Latest Adventures
I always have new exciting adventures happening. The latest are:
1. In line with my interest in creativity and living a balanced life, I’ve started creating a line of handbags that are sustainably based. If you think this is not to do with Psychology, think again. Having a creative outlet is one of the best happiness boosting things you can do. It creates meaning, satisfaction, you get into a state of flow and if you’re an amateur like me – plenty of learning and problem solving opportunities (which your brain loves). I’ll post some pictures when I have bags some completed.
I’ve been in Private Practice as a Psychologist on the Gold Coast since 2004 and I’ve been in the psychological and mental health field since way before that (I’m not that great with time). I co-created and co-facilitated a Mindfulness program for women with Binge Eating and Attachment problems as part of my PhD. The program received a lot of media attention – newspaper articles, radio interviews, and got me a trip to Barcelona, Spain to present some preliminary results at a World Congress conference. I’ve also consulted for articles in Good Health magazine and Australian Women’s Health. I’m co-author on multiple journal articels published in Australian and International Psychology Journals. I write a fortnightly blog that you can access on this website that has lots of self-help tips and things that will help you live your life to the fullest.
Techniques I integrate:
- Coaching Psychology, Psychology, and Relationship Counseling.
- Mindfulness and Meditation.
- Life Coaching, Positive Psychology and Neuropsychology techniques.
- EMDR for increasing performance, changing negative beliefs and healing trauma.
- B.A. (Hons) Psychology
- PhD (Psychology)
- EMDR Practitioner
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapist (Externship)
- Registered with the Australian Psychology Board
- Registered with Medicare as a Generalist Psychologist
- Registered with Workcover QLD & NSW