Fees and Rebates

Ok. here it is. The stuff we really want to know but don’t know how to ask.

How much do I Charge?

My fee for a 50 minute session is $150 for individuals.

EMDR sessions (only the processing ones) need 90 minute sessions so there’s an extra charge for the time (currently $215). It’s totally worth it considering that EMDR shifts stuff so quickly.

Cancellation Fees

If you cancel with short notice it means someone who has been waiting to get in may not have access to that appointment. People have to organise themselves with baby-sitters or shuffle work around etc to make a short notice appointment and more often than not can’t do it. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice you could be disadvantaging someone else. Someone who has been waiting to get in.

For cancellations with less than 24 hours notice there is a $75 fee. For cancellations with less than 4 hours there is a $120 fee.


If you have a Mental Health Care Plan from your doctor or you have Private Health Insurance with extras cover you will receive a per-session rebate. Rebates vary with each fund based on your level of cover, the fund you’re with etc etc etc so you’ll have to check this one out for yourself.

Just so you know you can’t claim Medicare and have your private health insurance cover the gap. The government says “no” to that.

Medicare will rebate $84.80 per session with a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP). You need to meet certain criteria to be eligible. I can let you know if you meet the criteria. When you book with your doctor for a MHCP don’t forget to mention it to the receptionist. You will need to book a long appointment.

Bulk Billing

Sorry for those of you who need to be bulk-billed. I don’t bulk-bill for many reasons – I give you absolute quality, I’m experienced and I’m good at what I  do. You will also work harder and get further if you pay and I want you to feel better and be better.

Areas I don’t work in

Medico-Legal reports: if you’re involved in a court case now or in the forseeable future and you require a psychological evaluation or report then look for a Forensic Psychologist or someone who specialises in court reporting. This works out better for you as you will start with someone experienced in that area who can give you good advice from the beginning.

Drug & Alcohol addictions.

Children or adolescents: this is a specialty area that you should have specialty training in. Which I don’t. I’m good once you’re 18 though 🙂

Crisis work: I work on the Gold Coast Tuesday to Friday and can’t always be contacted outside these times. If you’re in a situation where you don’t feel safe, have a high chance of harming yourself, or expect urgent things to pop up, it would be safer for you to find someone who can respond to you quickly. You don’t want to be in the middle of something awful and not be able to get me. I wouldn’t want that for you either.