I’m experimenting again with short blogs. So here goes….
I was sitting in a café the other day listening in on another table’s conversation – yes – eaves dropping – naughty me. They were young adults (20-25) talking about positive psychology principles and how they were using them in their lives. I was super impressed.
So…..my challenge to you for this week is to start thinking about how you can create a happiness support group. Whether it’s online or in person there’s no better way to create happiness than together.
These are the five foundations of a happy life. They’d be a good starting point for some happiness conversations:
- being positive – mentally and emotionally
- being engaged – with work, community, family etc
- building good relationships – being a good friend, partner, parent
- finding meaning and purpose – a reason for you to do what you do
- having a sense of achievement (with this one you don’t need to achieve big – completing a jigsaw puzzle might be enough to float your boat).
Let me know what groups you organise and if you’re willing to have new people join too.